Metal Solutions is proud to make sure your order is delivered in perfect condition. Sometimes a product can arrive damaged or missing from your order. Please review the following freight policy to ensure your complete satisfaction.
1. UPON ARRIVAL AT YOUR DESTINATION, ALL MATERIALS MUST BE INSPECTED. THIS INSPECTION MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE SIGNING FOR DELIVERY AND MUST CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING:
- Verify that all items have been received.
- Complete visual inspection of the product and its packaging. If there is evidence of damage to the packaging or pallets, a more thorough inspection should be completed.
- If the damage is found or parts are missing, the delivery receipt from the carrier must be signed as damaged or missing. This must be done with the carrier present. If the delivery receipt is not noted as damaged or missing, claims to Metal Solutions for replacement parts may be denied
2. WHEN DAMAGED OR MISSING FREIGHT HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED:
(1) For Customer arranged freight (collect, will-call, 3rd party)
- The customer is responsible for resolving all claims with the carrier when they arrange for freight.
- Concealed damage may exist where there is no evidence of damage to the packaging. This damage must be reported to your carrier within five (5) business days.
- Orders for replacement material will follow normal procedures for order entry and invoicing accordingly. Work with your customer service representative to expedite your replacements.
(2) For Metal Solutions arranged freight (freight allowed, prepaid, and add)
- Contact your customer service representative and provide the properly noted and signed delivery receipt, pictures, and detailed information on replacement parts.
- Concealed damage may exist where there is no evidence of damage to the packaging. This damage must be reported within five (5) business days to customer service, or claims may be denied.
- Customer service will assume the investigation and determine if a ‘no cost replacement’ is warranted.
- Metal Solutions is not responsible for loss of or damage to the material after it has been received and accepted.
- Once the material has moved from its original destination as specified on the delivery receipt, claims cannot be filed.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to make certain that drop-ship locations are aware of and follow the above procedures.
- Metal Solutions will only assume the responsibility of freight damage and filing of a freight claim provided the signed delivery receipt is marked as damaged or missing. Metal Solutions cannot file a freight claim and replace material if the shipment is accepted without the acknowledgment by the carrier for missing or damaged material
- Please contact your Metal Solutions customer service representative with any questions you may have on this policy.
- Metal Solutions does not guarantee delivery dates and times unless specifically agreed to on the order. Delivery dates and times are estimates only based on the information we have available and are subject to change without notice. We will do our best to communicate changes. Customers should work directly with freight carriers for detailed delivery schedules. Claims for missed delivery dates and times will not be approved.